View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #438
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post

If spaying a female yorkie before the first heat leaves an almost zero chance of mammary tumors and pyometra is astounds me that anyone would still be questioning it. Until research shows something that is MORE harmful than that due to spaying before 6 months I would hope that others would be a bit more judicious in where to discuss this. Of course I know that probably isn't going to happen, but I can always suggest it.

Now, I will leave the thread for you all to answer this because I know you want it to end up as you wish it to be.....BUT I implore you to do some reading about pyometra and mammary tumors...and do take a look at the video I posted and ask yourself if you would want to put your beloved pet through that. It always amazes me that people can ignore things with dogs that I know full well they would think twice about putting their own bodies through.
ZoE's vet is all about educating, and routinely shares issues he comes across with his patients.

This is a uterine horn, from a medium size dog, that was suffering from pyometra. The dog almost died. ZoE's vet performed immediate, emergency surgery and saved her, but shared the results and said this is why you should spay your pet.

Here's the uterine horn:
Attached Thumbnails
Spay and Neuter:  When and If ever?-image.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!