View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:49 AM   #1
Tardis yorkie13
Yorkie Yakker

Lightbulb dog house measurements

so, as my user name suggests , Im a whovin long live the oncoming storm!

anywho :P Iv been making plans for designing an indoor Tardis doghouse for when my baby finally gets here (yes pics from start to finish will be posted when the project gets started for anyone interested) I have the design mostly worked out as for where doors and such go and general shape blah blah blah ...

but as iv only ever build rabbit hutches, i have no idea what sort of measurements i need for a dog house. :/ and online hasn't helped cuz every site suggests a different size from the last sight and or simply suggests i just pay them to build one of there's :/

i want it to be a cozy size for my Yorkie baby, one she can grow into.
I want to be able to fit a small bed, a cat sized litter box for puppy pads and hopefully a small 2 in 1 food dish with some reasonable turn around/walking room. i don't want it too much larger than say, a medium size dog crate. but i have no idea what sort of measurements to go off of.

i don't have a large house, so it can't be really big, but i also want it to be cozy and a home/room of her own so i don't want it to be too small either or i might as well just stick to the small crates :/

it will be indoors - so she has her own roomish instead of just a create (it will sorta be her crate after potty training ) not outside, i think yorkies are defiantly full time inside dogs.

so yeah, anyone have any ideas? any info on how to measure for a doghouse? anyone ever buy and or measure a small doghouse before? im a pretty good carpenter, and iv raised/trained many dogs but iv never had to combine the too :P

*any help and suggestions will be much appreciated!
the sooner i can get the measurements worked out the sooner i can get my sonic screwdriver and get started ;P also the sooner 'spoiler alert blue prints' can be posted and shared if anyone is interested
Tardis yorkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!