View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:51 PM   #1
Tardis yorkie13
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 049 indoor dog doors?

so, my fam has 'personal space issues' .....

meaning my room is my room! stay out! ...... but if i leave my door open that seems to mean it's no longer 'my space' its 'hey i wanna play with your hedgehog, or i needed to borrow your paint- or here i thought i'd wash your bedding while you were at work' (for the record it actually means' i didn't close my door and you guys shouldn't have been in there)

so anyway to the point

so home or not i usually keep my door closed.- if the door is closed they respect my space.

so my problem is, when my baby is finally ready to be home, my space will also become her space. i want it to be her comfort zone (also where her bed and kennel will be kept for her comfort until bedtime habits have been trained) and i know that i wont always be there when she wants to go in to open the door for her.

so i was thinking of maybe putting one of those cheap plastic dog doors that you can get at Walmart and installing it in my bedroom door.

that way she can come and go when she wants weather the door is open or not- and can be locked when its time for bed or when i don't want her in there unsupervised .

and yes, this dog door will only be used indoors, not to the outside. . with as many large prey birds around and how easily the dogs could hurt themselves i'd never let them be outside unsupervised .

so yeah? good idea? bad idea? tips? you think she'd take to it?

Last edited by Tardis yorkie13; 03-23-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Tardis yorkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!