View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
griffy
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Have you tried holding the door open from the outside and coaxing him to come through using a treat, or his fav. toy? You may have to change the door to something that does not make a noise. I had a special screen door made with a doggie door, it's not really a door, it's heavy gauge clear plastic curtain like, pup just walks through it, they can see through it. You may have to remove what you have and replace with clear plastic, if Griffy is on the skittish side you don't want to ad to it,just something to think about if he refuses to use it willingly.
I've tried all of that. He'll walk through the door, with some coaxing and a treat, which he doesn't get until he is completely through the door. I've also tried holding the door open less and less each time, so that he knows that the door itself will not hurt him and so that he can get use to how the door feels while he goes through it. He absolutely refuses to go through the door if it's held open any less than half way, no matter how much I try or how many treats or toys I offer.

As for the color of the door, I'm including a picture so you can see exactly what I am working with.

Imgur
griffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!