View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #6
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

[QUOTE=Iluvalldogs;4541637]As I am nearing the two year anniversary (on April 14) of the sudden and tragic passing of our girl, October, I can't help but be overwhelmed with emotion. I know too many of you can relate to this feeling all too well.

I never posted on YT about her passing as I always found it much too difficult. And I'm not sure how much I can go into detail about it, even now. What I will say is that she passed away due to a terrible, inconceivable accident. One that I've always claimed responsibility for. The vision that continually runs through my head is of her final moment here on earth, and seeing my baby die in such an ugly way tears my heart open each time it passes my through my mind.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has lost their baby in a graphic and terrible nature? And if so, what coping mechanisms have helped you when those images flood your thoughts? For the many months following October's death, I had weekly therapy sessions that became monthly sessions as time progressed. They helped, and my own relationship with the Lord also helped as He gave me strength for each new day.

It's much different now, almost two years later. I miss her desperately, but I've learned to cope with her not being with us. But the images of her death still haunt me and I'm just wondering if anyone can relate to this.[/QUOTE
Many many years ago. Our dog well our kind of adopted dog came home to die - sliced open across his throat. He died of blood loss at my feet. He name was Renny he was some mix of what ever breeds and was my best friend. He saved me from a GSD attack - but this injury and even as a young lass I knew was not from a dog = some human had attacked him with a shovel like instrument.

You know even if in actuality you were totally responsible for, mistakes happen - now you know different Don't deny yourself a love to receive and a love to give another pup. And I will say there are very very few dog owners here who have never made a mistake with their pups. Maybe we got lucky IDK - but I certainly have been in more than a few dangerous situations that some forethought might have avoided. You know you can patrol your fence and look for gaps and then someone leaves the back door open and out on the street your pup goes!

\here is one of my close calls. I was taking my youngest in for what turned out to be cancer and I drove up to my driveway. To see my sister my brain damaged sister out on the street flummoxed as she was trying to call off my big boy Magic, the wife was holding my Razzle up I n her arms. Cars were driving by. How the two dogs got out was my fault I did not latch their crates snug enough - those crates are in our home. Anyhoo I was angrier than I have almost ever been - I yelled what in the hell is going on?? The wife dropped RAzzle my Yorkie off lead - thank God he came to me!! I called my big boy back. Away from the two very irksome Australian Shepherds. Magic was defending Sis as they were lunging at her and my Sis was trying to get Magic away - what a cluster **f**k
The Aussies happened to be walking off lead when sis went to enter our home, my dogs were out of their crates and when the Aussies barked and ran up the front steps Magic burst out the door with his faithfull henchman behind him. And these Aussies have now never been off lead in front of our home again!!!

anyone and all could have been hurt from dogs from cars from people!

If anything had happened to anyone I would have blamed MYSELF!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!