View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Had to cancelled spay appointment

So I got Duchess in June of last year. She is 3 years old and is not spayed. Before getting her spayed I wanted to make sure she was healthy and up to date with her shots. Except for a bout of colitis, the vet says she is very healthy.

So 3 weeks ago, I made an appointment for her to be spayed. A week after I make the appointment, little miss thing goes into heat. She has had one heat since I got her in June 2014 in August. According to my calendar she should of been going into heat around January but she didn't so I'm like what the heck.

At this point, I have no ideal when her next heat will be. So I make the appoint for the end of March. I called the vet to let them know she just went into heat and they told me I will now have to wait 3 months. They prefer to wait 3 months after her heat ends to do the spay.

This sucks because Dutch loves going to the dog park. Oh well, I guess I have to be play the blocker a few more months. I wanted this to be done so I no longer had to worry when taking her around other dogs. Bummer.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!