View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

I recently read something that relates. This isn't exactly how it was written but close. Think of those things that bother you as items in a back pack that you have on. The more things that bother you, the heavier your pack is. When you pull your pack off, empty it out and set up camp the back pack becomes very light. Whether you share those items with friends, professionals or complete strangers on a forum of like minded people, the end result should lighten your back pack.

My favorite dog died almost 19 years ago, on the same day my first daughter was born. He was at the vets, I was at the hospital. I'm glad I saw my daughter born but, my best friend died alone and that was tough to deal with for a very long time. I didn't buy another dog after that until 4 months ago. We were, actually my better half was, given a dog almost 2 years ago. The only reason I said ok to her getting that dog was because she had just survived cancer and it's treatments. Now, I figure I cheated myself out of about 17 years of dog friendship. Don't wait any longer if your situation is good for a dog. A new dog will never replace a friend who has passed but he/she will fill that hole in your heart if you let them.

Long live Duke the Wonder Dog! Best damn dog a guy ever had!

Of Mice and Men - "The old man [Candy] squirmed uncomfortably. "Well-hell! I had him so long. Had him since he was a pup. I herded sheep with him." He said proudly, "You wouldn't think it to look at him now, but he was the best damn sheep dog I ever seen."
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!