View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Two Dog Parks East of Seattle - Review

Marymoor Park in Redmond has a large, fenced, off leash area. {"Doggy Disneyland", as it is locally dubbed, Marymoor Park is best known for its 40 acres of off leash dog park. This is where dogs can be dogs.}

I recently visited Marymoor Dog Park for the first time. Bring a dollar for parking, it's totally worth it! I wasn't impressed when I first drove up due to the flatness and lack of trees in a large part of the park. I was there, I paid my dollar and went in any way. Boy I'm glad I did. Lot's people, lots of dogs a nice way to socialize. Criss crossing paths and an adjoining on leash trail along the slough that brings you to a view point of Lake Sammamish are key characteristics that swayed my opinion.

Off Leash

http://your.kingcounty.gov/dnrp/libr...map_web_09.pdf

Jasper Dog Park near Kirkland in contrast to Marymoor is very small, but, if it's in your neighborhood, it's free and worth a visit. I wouldn't drive 15 miles to visit it but if your goal is to provide your dog exposure to other dogs, check it out!

Kirkland Dog Off-Leash Group: Home

Here at YT, in general, we own small dogs and need to take more precautions when our dogs are around larger dogs. This is no different in off leash dog parks. Use due diligence and pick your pup up and move or leave if you have any concern about another park visitor.

Last edited by MarkFromSea; 03-22-2015 at 09:42 AM.
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!