View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi yorkie View Post
Yorkislave- my husband has said that very thing!! Or to get a king size bed!

Yorkietalkjilly- that sound like a good plan, we'll try tonight and see what happens. Last night I was awake for this aggression and was able to scold him saying NO! And he backed down from me but I will have my hubby do it tonight. He is sweet as an angel with everyone else, strangers etc, all other dogs, loves everyone so this new behavior Is baffling! Thanks for the advice!
Oh, he's just not had strong leadership enough for his personality yet. Some dogs are calm, submissive by nature no matter that the owners don't set definite boundaries for them and just go along to get along their whole lives. Others detest a void at the top and begin to try to run the show, directing who does what when in their quest to assume the leadership they find they don't have. Strong leadership doesn't mean scary or anything - just firm, confident and "young man, you don't go any further with this" type guidance, always giving him time to rethink his position and give up, back off, realizing he's actually not in a position of true strength and gradually learn such is life.

Just tell you husband to stay in "teacher mode" and stay calm, confident and back your willful little guy down. Baby boy will keep flexing up over and over in the next couple of weeks as he tries to regain his foothold, but hubby always gets up, moves into Yogi's space, stays there, glaring, pointing and standing his ground, a "duel in the duvet", until the aggressor gives it up. Eventually the tiny tyrant will grow tired of the repeated stalemates, come to understand he's losing out to hubby's determination, glare and pointing and give way on his disagreeable attitude, deciding he likes the way daddy smiles when he's loving and happy to cuddle next to him in bed. Or, he just gets summarily put off the bed.

No immediately feeling sorry for him when he leaves the bed or room with his tiny back humped up, head and tail down either, eyes huge - this is a ploy for sentiment! It takes determination to turn away from that kind of drama! Just let him leave the area and don't allow him back until he's respectful and agreeable to one and all. Ultimately it will pay off in a much more agreeable little lad who shows respect, love and loyalty to the parents who provide him with everything he needs in life and all three of you will all be the happier for it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!