View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #10
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I skimmed the replies and good advice there. Puppies can get something like a dandruff that will cause scratching that has nothing to do with the food. He may possibly have an allergy to an ingredient in Innova but maybe not. You can try to clear up the dandruff which looks like a dry flaking with either Selsun Blue shampoo or Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo works too. I recommend using it once a week, dilute it about 1/2 and 1/2 water shampoo, leave the lather on a few minutes and rinse well. If it works you should see improvement over time and then you can switch to a regular good shampoo after it has cleared up completely.
I am not sure if anyone addressed the vaccinations but I never recommend rabies given at the same time as anything else.
I would be inclined to find another Vet. Be sure it is one familiar with Toy breeds. Many Vets think they know what a knee problem feels like but most don't know and can actually damage a knee if they are too enthusiastic with it. I wouldn't go with one Vet's opinion especially one that has trouble giving a simple vaccination!
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!