View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:39 AM   #12
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

I thought maybe I had the only Yorkie that I am looking all over for him and he is standing directly behind me! It happens all the time at my house. Now, I just know to look there before going off to look for him and 9 out of 10 times he is right there.

I worry about mine getting out the door, so I have worked with him since day 1 that he can not cross over the door thresh hold without permission first. He is pretty good about it. He got out the door the first week I had him but he didn't go halfway across the porch and I scooped him up.

Last night my daughter and I were working on her science project on the front porch though and my husband was coming inside and I guess Teek was looking for me so he darted out. My husband told him to go back in the house and I didn't say a word because I didn't want Teek to hear me and come running over to me, or not realize I was ON the porch and then go running off it and into the street to look for me. Teek turned around as my husband told him to and went right back into the house. I told my husband he did a great job with that and I also told him why I didn't say anything to interfere with his orders.

Teek has learned quickly though. Sometimes when I am taking just him outside and not the big dog too, he doesn't want to cross over and go outside, even though his is harnessed up and on a leash and I have to convince him that it is okay.

I am glad he was safe and you realized right away where he was at.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!