View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
MissSunni
YT Addict

Default Recovery from Surgical procedure? from a worrywart

Hi everyone,

Sunni had to have a surgical procedure this morning. She's actually doing way better then I am,lol. She's walking and wanted to eat as soon as we got home. I'm curious about the donut thing around her neck. The vet said to keep it on for 10 -14 days, which seems pretty long to me. The surgery was to correct a problem she had at birth and already had a surgery on. This poor little baby has really been thru some awful stuff. It was lower abdominal surgery and she has 4 stitches. She came through beautifully, Thank God. None of this was ever necessary to put her through the first time, but the breeder must have wanted to correct this issue and hoped to be able to sell her, but after the job they did she would never have gotten away without admitting she had surgery and would never be able to breed. Thats why she was being surrendered in the first place and how I ultimately adopted her. So, being the major worry wart I am, I wondered if the vet is being overly cautious because of me? or the puppy. I didn't leave until the surgery was finished and she was in recovery, lol. I know they didn't really love that, but too bad too sad. Vet hospitals aren't happy places for me these days. But bad things can happen at them, so I am neurotic with my baby. I can't believe how much I've fallen in love with her in just a matter of weeks.
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!