View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
CKent
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Yorkie Owner

11 days ago, I came home to find a small Yokie in my yard. We live out in the middle of nowhere, and we could not believe that this small dog was lost! We totally thought that he was someone's baby! He bit my husband the first night he was here. We totally understood!!! This little guy was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE here at our home!
We started to call him "Cutie Pie." He spent the first night here under a table, where he growled all night, until we went to sleep.
I took him around to the immediate neighbors (who are over a mile away) and no one knew who he was.... I took him to the local vet, but again, no one knew who he was.
I took Cutie Pie to our vet, who quarantined him for 10 days for the bite, and they contacted all the local pounds to see if anyone was missing a Yorkie.... but no one!
Today, I picked up this little guy and paid for the quarantine. Now we are owners of a Yorkie.
Today he was happy about coming home with me, and he remembered my dogs. He has sort of calmed down, but this afternoon Cutie Pie slept under the table again.... and when I reached down to pick something I had dropped.... Cutie Pie struck again and bit me!!!
I have done some reading today about Yorkies, and I am beginning to see that I will have to show him that I am leader of the pack! But I am not sure what kind of care Cutie Pie is going to need. I plan on having him groomed at my earliest convenience.
The vet told me that he is probably full blooded Yorkie and around 2 years old.
ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!!!!
CKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!