View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

Sounds as if that vet is, oops! the word I was gonna use is not allowed! LOL Do not change from the food you use. Free feed him til he is older and he will plump up as much as he needs to. I recommend FlaxSeedOil on the food for Omega oils..I don't like the smell of fish oil. I don't recommend treats very often. I just use a different brand of dog food and hand feed..that makes it a treat.
My vaccine regimen is started at 8 weeks-12-16 weeks. Maybe the breeder uses the same schedule. I tell my new families to wait at least 2 weeks after last DA2PPv vaccine before getting rabies shot. I am totally baffled as to why the vet needed to stick that poor baby 3 times. Gawsh, you just stick the needle under the skin and press plunger and you are done. They are given sub-q (right under the skin) not in the muscle. The luxating patellas at grade 1 or 2 might be troublesome BUT no matter, the breeder should be notified so that she can make sure the vet checks and tells her if there are positive results. The health doc. simply means that the vet signed that the puppy has no infectious diseases at the time of the exam..
I also have a statement that the puppy is to be checked by the vet within ____hours included in my sales agreement..Best of luck with your new baby...
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!