View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneclaire View Post
OMG!! Poor Zoe! I bet she was scared to death! No doubt her little heart was beating like crazy!!
I made something like you did for Spice for her inside bed and nap time. I made it 30 in square and she has plenty of room. I was thinking of doing the same for outside . There are no dogs in my area at all that arent already kenneled so I dont worry about that but I think I would make a top for it so nothing flying can get to her . I have one of those canvas zippered things that has a top on it but I use it for my JR terrier. They are nice but Spice is so inquisitive she would find a way to get out LOL
Yes, she was scared.

What bothers me the most now about it, is the effect it's had on ZoE's personality. She's always been a bit on the shy side, but we go to small dog meet-ups, and while shy, she would interact with the other dogs, and run around and play. Now, at meet-ups, she doesn't interact at all with the other dogs. She will get as far away, and as high up, on furniture as she can to avoid them. She will also jump on strangers laps to get away from another dog. It has completely changed her.

She does have a couple of doggie friends (dogs that belong to my friends) that shes known since she was a puppy and she is fine with just them one on one.

That's another reason to make sure your dog is safe; a traumatic event can have lasting repercussions, and potentially scar them for life. Seeing such a change in your dog's personality is devastating.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!