View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 02:00 AM   #14
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have had males neutered BEFORE they becomes sexually active...like 8 months old...and that kept them from marking. Once sexually active, this is like trying to stop a male cat from "spraying" to mark his territory....all males of all species mark their territory in any number of ways....I think it is instinctual, not behavioral, and I dont think it can be "trained" out of a male that is sexually mature. I have had people TELL me they trained their male not to mark, but I have just not ever seen it successful.....maybe it has actually happened, but I have not seen it.

Your pup is way past the start of being sexually active.....I personally believe neutering him to stop marking at this stage of the game, is fruitless. I can NOT imagine what your breeder had in mind....waiting that long to neuter is pointless, unless she was wanting to utilize the dog as a stud....

Cant beat Natures Miracle Enzyme treatment solution....

Thanks for the advice - really do appreciate it!

My parents Yorkie wasn't neutered until he was 8. He started marking at that age when they brought a male shih-Tzu puppy in the house. He stopped after he was neutered.

Then, there are lots of people with dogs who mark despite being neutered. So, I don't know.

Breeder def didn't want him as stud. My contract says no progeny will be recognized. She is a Crufts show judge so not a 'breeder' in the strictest sense of the word.

Anyway, I will see if I can get that product here in the UK. If not, I'll see if I can get it imported. I've heard good things about it! Can't hurt, right?
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!