View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Cubby's Mom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Teeth

Wow! That was fast! Thanks to both of you for the quick response!!

I too have read that both corn and wheat can cause allergies, that's why I thought Innova was a great product. Although, now that I look at the ingredients again, is ground barley a wheat product? Here are the ingredients in Innova puppy food:
Turkey
Chicken
Chicken Meal
Ground Barley
Ground Brown Rice
Cottage Cheese
Tomatoes
Sunflower Oil
Chicken Fat
Natural Flavors
Flaxseed
Potatoes
Herring
Apples
Carrots
Alfalfa Sprouts
Egg
Garlic
Dicalcium Phosphate
Potassium Chloride
Chicory Root Extract
Taurine
Vitamins/Minerals
Viable Naturally Occurring
Turkey
Chicken
Chicken Meal
Ground Barley
Ground Brown Rice
Cottage Cheese
Tomatoes
Sunflower Oil
Chicken Fat
Natural Flavors
Flaxseed
Potatoes
Herring
Apples
Carrots
Alfalfa Sprouts
Egg
Garlic
Dicalcium Phosphate
Potassium Chloride
Chicory Root Extract
Taurine
Vitamins/Minerals
Viable Naturally Occurring Microorganisms

I will also check into the Royal Honey Oatmeal shampoo/conditioner, thanks!

From the breeder I received docs that proved that both parents were akc registered and the paperwork to send in to get Cubby registered with akc.
I'm not sure what a health certificate is. I also received a document that says,"Official Certificate of Veterinary Inspection For Sale of a Dog or Cat" which states that puppy has no infectuous diseases or parasites and has a list of what vaccines he'd had so far. I have not called the breeder. Not sure what good it would do now. I have had Cubby for over a month now, I think it's probably too late to do anything now, and the vet says that though Cubby may need an operation on his knees when he is older, right now they are not that bad and to just try to build up his muscle tone in his legs.

I just really wanted to let everyone know that no matter how nice and helpful the breeder seems, even if they say the puppy is perfectly healthy and that the parents have no genetic faults, and even if the puppy seems 100% healthy like Cubby did, TAKE YOUR PUPPY TO THE VET AS SOON AS YOU GET HIM OR HER. You just don't know what you are not being told.

Please don't think I am speaking about all breeders because I'm not.
I know that there are wonderful, caring, honest, responsible breeders out there (and on this site!) I just wish that I had found one of you when I began my search for Cubby!

Tina
Cubby's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!