View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTeddykins View Post
Hiya!

I currently tether him when I'm home or he wears a belly band. He is always under supervision. Before this, I caught him a few times and corrected him and I THOUGHT this had rectified the situation. But then (like you've said), I caught him marking a few months later and found that he'd been doing it very quickly in alternate places!

He is put in his crate when I'm not home. I am trying to see if I can train this out of him since neutering does not guarantee the behavior will stop and I genuinely believe this is a behavioral habit.

In the mean time, I don't want the behavior reinforced by smells which remain because I wasn't aware they were there to clean - if that makes sense!

A friend of mine's dog was neutered and he stopped but my dog isn't and after that one time realized his mama was crazy and stopped . I think it just depends on the dog and how you go about rectifying the behavior. I always use the baking soda and vinegar mixture when having puppies and it seems to work. Also, I have a carpet deep cleaning machine. How old is he?
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!