View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesMommy01 View Post
Good Morning! Does Teddy have free roam of the house when you're not there or is he crated? I honestly would tether him to me at all times and if you're unable to do that at times I would crate him or put him in an ex pen. Even without the familiar smell, he will find other places to relieve himself(marking). You have to watch him at all times when he's not crated and you're home. Rasta attempted to mark once on a leather couch and after scaring the crap out of him by clapping and saying "No!" loudly, he does it outside only now.
Hiya!

I currently tether him when I'm home or he wears a belly band. He is always under supervision. Before this, I caught him a few times and corrected him and I THOUGHT this had rectified the situation. But then (like you've said), I caught him marking a few months later and found that he'd been doing it very quickly in alternate places!

He is put in his crate when I'm not home. I am trying to see if I can train this out of him since neutering does not guarantee the behavior will stop and I genuinely believe this is a behavioral habit.

In the mean time, I don't want the behavior reinforced by smells which remain because I wasn't aware they were there to clean - if that makes sense!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!