View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 05:13 AM   #10
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Gosh... Am I the only one that plays with their little paws, tickling them? Poking them lightly to see if they stir? Lift their eyelids to see if it's rolled up? Play with their stubby tail? LOL Really... am I?...
Magnus, have you never heard to let a sleeping dog lie? You should not pester them when they are asleep.

I have a big dog (80 lbs) that used to sleep at the foot of our bed. However, he kept sneaking his way up the bed and he would be taking up what little space I had. I would push him with my feet and it didn't work. I pushed him with my hands and got bit because he was asleep. The dog hit the floor all on his own and sprawled out with his head down to tell me he was sorry. Well, 3rd time it happened I told my husband he was not sleeping with us anymore and he sleeps in a crate now.

Teek does not care if I pull him closer to me in his sleep though as he loves to be near me. I would not pester him though because I would not want him to accidentally bit me because he feels threatened, also he has nightmare's sometimes so I don't want to bother him or scare him more.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!