View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #1
salazark
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Teeth Beemer did it despite the odds!

In the fall of 2010 my Yorke Beemer was attacked in class. Here is a link to the thread about it.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/agi...fied-fear.html

I'm proud to say that Beemer passed his CGC test last night. I'm so unbelievably proud of how far he's come. This is the same little guy that couldn't stop shaking whenever he was in class. In the end, this is what worked. I quit taking him to class at all for a couple of years. I kept training him at home but just ignored organized class. Then I tried a different school even though I teach in the original one. We thought a new building might help. Nope, he still couldn't function. In the end, what did work was putting him back in puppy class. The little puppies posed no threat and he loved going to class again. He stayed in puppy class for about four sessions (we called him the puppy ambassador ). After this we moved him back to regular classes and he's done great! Last night was the culmination when my little guy, with all the confidence in the world, passed his Canine Good Citizen test. I honestly couldn't be prouder!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!