View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
dottiesyrky
Donating YT Addict

Default Boarding

I know what you are talking about! Finding a safe and loving place for our dogs when we are out of town is so hard. Of course if you have a friend or relative who knows your dog well, that is a wonderful solution, but many of us do not have that.
I found that a doggie day care based boarding facility worked so well for me. You can always leave your dog at the daycare or even for one night to see how she does? It is important that the owner of the facility is sensitive to dogs' needs and is qualified for medical situations. There should always be caregivers there 24/7 and enough of them to supervise the dogs.
My dog is quiet at home but comes to life when at the daycare. He has so much fun with all the action! In fact he does not want to leave when I pick him up, and when I take him there he can't get in fast enough!
That is my experience, but you may not have such a great facility where you live. To me, it is good for my dog to have playmates and have someone always there. It is difficult to get that with a home sitter. You also know they are safe and well supervised.
Good luck in your search. Please let us know what you find and how it worked out. :-)
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!