View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

For me personally, I will only leave my dogs with a friend that they are familiar with, or leave them at home with either someone staying in my home (a friend or even a responsible older teen) or someone coming all throughout the day to take care of them.

If you must board then I would go with a nicer dog establishment, like a dog hotel, if you can afford it. We have a doggie daycare where I live that I took a dog training class at, so I saw the facilities and talked to the workers there. The dogs do get daycare time where they are watched for potential problems. They also have 3 areas based on size of dog, so she would not be put out with large dogs at a place like our local one. They also do individual time for those that aren't as social as others there.

I would personally have someone she knows watch her though in your home or in theirs. I dog sit in my home and I also will go to friend's houses to care for their dogs. I go there several times a day and my teenage daughter will go to their house and watch a movie so she can hang out with the dogs too so they aren't lonely.

Good luck! It is difficult leaving our fur babies behind. My Yorkie usually travels with me when I go places and our big dog stays home with our neighbors coming by all day long and hanging out as well to care for him. Since we usually only go to visit family or go camping I can take my little one with me. The big one gets car sick going to the vet so taking him on a 12 hour trip to Michigan to visit family is not happening.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!