View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #411
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I don't believe there is any science to the claims they are making that spaying can cause. Cancer is not increased with spaying it is actually decreased. A lot of thyroid issues are genetic not caused by spaying. Weight can be an issues with any dog fixed or not. Never heard joint issues are cause by spaying. I'm not sure there is science behind this article so I personally would not trust it to give me any information. Its also important that people looking at dog Birth Control realize this is ONLY going to help with pregnancy not mammary tumors or cancers and not with cancers of the reproductive kind of poymentra. Although Pregnancy is a big concern the health issues such as cancer and poymentra are what scare me the most and are what I don't want my dog to get or go through.
So you believe in the studies that show the decrease of having pyometra and mammary tumors but you shrug off studies that show an increase in certain cancers and other issues due to early altering or sex organ removal in general? There was a Vizsla study done recently, I'll see if I can find a link. I'm sure it's posted in this thread though.

Last edited by ColesMommy01; 03-10-2015 at 12:33 PM.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!