View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #15
griffy
Yorkie Talker

It aalways makes me said when a dog needs to be rehomed. I can understand the husband's predicament, but I can never understand not liking a dog. With working in grooming shops, I've encountered a surprising amount that really dislike their dogs. Though, I'm a dog lover, I fall in love with every single dog that comes into my shop.

I'm just happy that this pup found a good home with you. He sounds like he is already amazingly well trained.

I do have a few issues with Griffy. He barks when he is excited or sometimes for no reason.

When I first got Chewie, he would do the same, but I was able to train him very easily not to.

I'm having a hard time with Griffy.

Neither of them bark when I'm at work. I put them in a kennel and they both are comfortable with it. Chewie goes in as soon as I put my shoes on, Griffy goes in when I tell him it's time to go to bed. He still fights it sometimes but he's gotten soooo much better with it.

The problem is when I get home. Griffy is a bit bipolar with Chewie. Griffy likes to growl at Chewie. Usually I think that it is over Griffy trying to assure his possession of me. Typically I ignore Griffy, start petting Chewie, and over time Griffy gives in and starts licking Chewies eyes and ears. Or starts pawing Chewie until he plays with him.
griffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!