View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #13
griffy
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeD View Post
Welcome to Yorkie Talk! I hope Griffy is working out well for you. I am new to YT as well and new to owning a Yorkie.

I knew a couple and they were splitting up and well, the wife didn't want the dog (I understand that perhaps she didn't like the dog?) and the husband couldn't take the dog. She gave me the dog. He is 9 years old and oh my gosh do I love him! I have had him almost 2 months and he fit right into my life immediately.

We took the truck out to fill it up with gas and run a few errands and I just put a small dog bed on the bench seat next to me and he was more than happy to ride along all day with me. Last night I was picking my daughter up from track practice and she informed me there was a parent meeting after practice. I had Teek with me and so he went to the meeting. An hour and 20 minutes he sat on my lap in the school cafeteria and not a sound or anything out of him during the entire thing.

I even asked him over the weekend "Where have you been all my life?" His response was to snuggle closer to me and put his head on my shoulder to give me a hug. I think he feels the same way.

I hope you enjoy your Yorkie as much as I am enjoying mine.

I would love to hear how yours is adjusting and although I am new to Yorkies, I have trained many dogs and would be happy to see if I have any possible ideas on training/behavior issues. I was starting an online class to be a dog trainer when I worked in a pet shop several years ago, but then it closed down, so I never finished. I have also taken 2 dogs through 3 levels of training and 2 dogs through the first level of training. I also help my neighbor train her doberman because she has trouble with it and he responds well to me.
It makes me so sad when a dog needs rehoming because of something like that. I can understand the husband's not being able to take him (I'm guessing it was a hard decision for him), but the wife didn't like the dog? I suppose that I can not fault her, but as a dog lover, I can't quite understand it. With working in grooming shops, I've run into quite a few clients that don't seem to really like their dogs, sadly. I love every single dog I encounter, no matter how hard it is to groom.

The dog seems absolutely amazing. So well behaved! In this case the dog found a good home quickly, I'm happy you guys found each other!
griffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!