View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #377
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesMommy01 View Post
*pats on back*
There will always be proponents and opponents for s/n. Those who advocate for it definitely have their reasons why they've come to their decisions while ppl who question the procedures or won't have it done on their pets definitely have their reasons for doing so as well. There are benefits to alter and also drawbacks. Same as for keeping pets intact. Spay and neuter is not a one size fits all for every owner, breed, or individual pet imo. I do find it interesting how s/n isn't pushed in so many countries and they also don't have a stray overpopulation issue. I enjoy reading these studies and hearing the interpretations. Now I'm off to catch up on RHOA and make ceviche.
I don't think it is true that we are the only country with animal over population and neglect/abuse.

As for the countries who don't have such issues, it may have something to do with laws. I don't know. I don't look at others...I get enough thrown in my face on a daily basis that is going on here. I have often said that had I known then what I know now, I may not have been involved in rescue. It is a horrible world for so many defenseless beings. What I do to help seems meaningless at times...it is downright heartbreaking. I answer all of the YHR emails and it takes all I have some days to respond to some of them.

Our country is horrible imo regarding animal welfare. The state I live in is so bad that I am frankly ashamed at what is allowed at times.

I agree that there is no one size fits all; but, I would hope that the people who choose not to s/n are responsible which of course that is only but a dream. Not to say that everyone who does s/n are responsible because that is not true either. It all comes down to the fact that animals are not protected by our laws.

I cannot stop anyone from what they post on this forum....I can only post my opinions and hope and pray they listen because I do think that sometimes we need to look at the population and think long and hard about what we are advocating if indeed it is animal welfare we are concerned with.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!