View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
doglover4
Yorkie Yakker

Default Potty training setback

Hi everyone,

My little guy is 6 months old, and at 5 months was completely potty trained. I worked so hard at it and felt so accomplished for both of us! We had to use pee pads because it was WAY too cold outside for him, even with boots and a jacket.

Anyway, we moved a couple weeks ago and it seems he is back at square one. It is almost seems harder than when we first got him, because at that time he followed us around everywhere, so when he'd wander off we knew he had to go pee and take him to his pee pad.

In this house, for some reason, he never follows us and is always off doing his own thing. Do I really have to follow him around everywhere, or else keep him in his crate? I guess so......maybe I'm just looking for a magic answer. I've been very on top of it the last few days and doing just that, but then I think he has the hang of it and stop watching like a hawk and BAM! he pees on the floor.

I don't know. Any magic answers or just keep at it? I feel bad keeping him in his small gated room (with crate, pee pad, toys, water) by himself so much, but I can't be watching him all the time.

Thanks
doglover4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!