View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #313
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Didn't want to post but I feel compelled - science is my drug

Research does not seek to verify what we want to or wish to believe. Sometimes, truths are not what we thought they were because our truths have been handed down to us from society. Science does not take sides with our collective consciousness.

Emotively, is it true that MOST pet owners are completely unequipped with the knowledge to responsibly deal with an intact animal? I think - yes.

Scientifically, should ALL animals be spayed/neutered because it is good for them? In the absence of owners, I think - No. There is just no way to justify this scientifically. Evolution does not give females mammary glands so that the majority of them suffer from cancer. That would be anathema to reproduction so cannot be the truth, as a whole, applicable to all animals and all breeds.

Stats online are ok as guides but they are by no means complete and they are by no means unbiased. I would use anything I found online with extreme caution. If anyone wants to know how to access 'real' research, they can contact me. Access usually involves a membership to an educational body or a fee.

Pet owners, which include gemy, all make good points here which we should all consider. However, let us begin by admitting that none of us know everything and there is no one-size-fits all approach to all situations. It should not be an 'us and them' debate. Science doesn't have friends.

That's why it is a perfect occupation for me. I'm a loner

Last edited by SirTeddykins; 03-09-2015 at 12:15 AM.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!