Thread: Never to early
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
Yorkies mouths are like plague traps. Brushing and chewing with deep cleanings. Works. I've had big dogs all they needed was to chew and there teeth stayed white..Seems all the small dogs I've had are like tarter mouth if you can't keep up on it.
So true. My first Yorkie got an abscessed tooth B4 I realized he had bad dental plaque and caries or learned that dental plaque was a Yorkie problem. I'd smelled some bad breath but had no idea Yorkie's needed daily brushings and professional cleanings until that poor little baby of mine had blood on his face and an emergency trip to the vet revealed he had a tooth abscessed all the way through the muzzle and had to have antibiotics, pain medication, then surgical I&D and tooth extraction and cleaning under his gumline and teeth yearly after that. We brushed daily after that and I felt like the worst dog mommie ever! He'd been eating, behaving and playing normally until that day! I tried but never could make it up to him as far as I was concerned - poor, poor baby. How he must have suffered due to my ignorance and lack of care! But back then, I'd never heard of brushing a dog's teeth - had no idea Yorkies had this problem until that awful experience.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!