View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #8
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I think I have over sheltered lilah. I didn't mean to but she is so tiny and fragile and steal able and squish able. I think I over did it. She is great with people but I wish I had worked harder with her dog socialization. Admittedly, she hasn't been the same since a large dog attacked her while we walked (leashed definintely) along a path at a park (the other dog slipped his leash) but I think that although that experience was traumatic, it may not have been as impacting of we had more diverse positive experiences prior to that. Our dog buddy selection was too limited I think. Anyhow, o course I want to protect my sweet baby girl but I think we should be cautious as well of over protecting, that it benefits them to have reasonable amounts of time alone and to participate in (safe) typical dog things. Having my girl has been a great learning experience, I wish I had been a little less nerve wracked about everything (since I course she knows every time and becomes an anxious mess right along with me!).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!