View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #15
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I was the same way and was against insurance but with the newer pacjages, I decided it was worth it.. My dog winston is almost 4. His premium is $122/yr for $10,000 annual coverage with a $1,000 deductible. I also purchased a wellness package that gives me $100 extra for wellness spending. So when I take the $100 and offset the cost of the premium, I'm paying basically $22 a year. Even if they premium goes up the every year by 15%, I still will definitely cash out if he does get ill. And I disagree about the value of insurance going down with age - it goes down with pre-existing conditions not age. I just added my 14.5 year old to my policy, and one new issue will make it worthwhile. I asked for a medical underwriting to see what was excluded and there are still any number of possibilities that could occur to make it worthwhile. I've had weird things happen to my dogs. Hey if I lose out on the older one, it's basically not losing more than a night out at a moderately priced restaurant for dinner.

Cathy and I have the same company. When Rosie has tummy issues my vet bill is usually $100-200 alone. None of us can say it won't happen to my dog. Because we just don't know. I keep insurance on my home, car, tractor, etc as a precaution. How is it different keeping it on your pups? I not saying you have to have it. I'm saying its heart breaking to see someone considering putting a pup to sleep because they can't pay the vet bills. It's much easier paying $20 a month for 80-90% coverage then coming up with $5000-10,000 upfront. Just saying.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!