View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
Congratulations on the pad training it just takes patience and perseverance which is exactly what you are going to need to teach her how to behave. She was taken from her mom to early (8 weeks) so she never learned proper behavior which is why the 12 weeks is recommended. My Buster was only 9 weeks and he had his issues as well. When she goes for your hands pull them away say ouch loudly and turn away no playing no interaction after bad behavior. If she hurts you play stops she must learn good behavior. The same with how she reacts with your Maltese if she acts possessive or aggressive then she gets a time out no rewards or play if she behaves badly it's time out. If that does not correct the bad behavior than I would have a trainer who is familiar with aggressive behavior come to you home and work you, your husband, and both dogs if possible. Best wishes on retraining.

This is a perfect example of what usually happens when Yorkie puppies are taken from momma too early and not allowed to receive all the valuable training that momma teaches her litter.....baby also does not learn how to play well with others, like littermates.....like your other dog now......has not learned social skills, how to interact with other dogs, and not to bite on you (bite inhibition)....and the really sad thing is, until this baby gets behavioral modification, these issues will go with him thru life and thru owners. This information is essentially usless to you in your current situation, but perhaps someone else reading this, looking at puppies, will learn what happens when humans interfere with nature.

You would probably do well to get help from a knowledgable trainer, like suggested above by Buster Brown. Have them come to your home so you can actually see what is being done and how they are doing it. Perhaps puppy classes....I dont remember how old you said the baby was....but it is not an easy, quick solution....good news is, pup seems smart and quickly picks up training if done properly, so you should see success!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!