View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrosenberry
Has anyone here ever had a Laparoscopy? If so how bad was it,, during and after? I have to have it March 24th. Female issues... and they did an external and internal ultra sound and found a " lump" So this is the next step... just wondering if anyone has had one before, It's the 3 incisions in the tummy, with a camera, YIKES, that frightens me...

Laparoscopy is a commonly performed procedure to examine the abdominal or pelvic organs. Investigations, and some keyhole surgery procedures, can be performed with laparoscopy where in the past the abdomen would have to be opened in an operation known as a laparotomy.

Been there, done that, have the scar The waiting is scarier than the procedure. The only after problem....they put gas in you to bloat up your tummy....afterward that gas can move into a joint...and it's not comfortable. After I'd these done a couple of times....one nurse finally told me to drink lots of carbonated beverages and burp to get it out. It tastes kind of mediciney, but it worked. When ya first get home, you'll just be sleepy. Btw, your lump may not be a LUMP at all. You can get cysts on your ovaries....they're water filled and they just pop those or drain them...

I hoping they don't "find" anything, RR, it's really probably nothing...I'll be thinking of ya
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!