View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #13
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
Moki is 2 yrs 8 months. He will sit, sit up, shake both paws, hi five both paws. He knows left from right. Dance, touch down dance, roll over, Play dead roll over. Up, down, Stay, come, leave it. Doesn't walk ahead of me when I say heel. Never darts out the door with out permission. Rings the bell to go potty outside. Fetch all his toys by name. Quite bark. Bark quit when asked please.ect ect.. Stay and come are the most important. Winnie is 16 weeks. She is potty pad trained. Stated to ring the bell to go outside and potty. Shake one paw, sit , sit up and come. Moki is solid on work command. Winnie is still gettting may take 2-3 tries still. training is fun for us.
That is how I want the new puppy to be like! Teek is learning a couple new things. It is slow, but I am patient. I don't think he was ever taught anything except sit at his old house so he is starting from scratch. He has the talents, I have seen him. I am trying to teach him to stretch. He stretches all the time, so when he does it I say Stretch and I am hoping he catches on. It is hard when you take in an older dog. His old house had a language that he knew and there was a whole lot of head tilting when I got him because he did not understand my house language, but he has most of it down now and he is really starting to learn new things, but I had to get the basics down first and get him to understand my language as much as I had to learn his language. I know when he wants to play and when we wants to go outside. He paws his water dish if it is empty, and also our other dogs dish when it is empty (Big dog gets fed twice a day so his bowl is always empty). Teek's food dish is never empty, so I am sure he would paw it if it was empty, but I free feed him so he always has food as I check it twice a day when I check his water.

I think Teek will learn a few more things, he is very smart. I am looking for ideas for my daughter's Yorkie Mix puppy (it should be born about any day!) so I can teach it at a young age.

Thanks for all the shares on what your Yorkie can do and suggestions, keep them coming.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!