View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #6
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesMommy01 View Post
She told me he was a "Gold Dust" Yorkie. I know there are Parti Yorkies and a Yorkie kennel with the name Gold Dust so I was intrigued. I've informed my friend of breeders to look into, but she's in such a rush to get a puppy she's ignoring the warning signs. I had to tell her if this woman hasn't had any genetic issues pop up in her lines she should be more than happy to give a solid Year Health Guarantee minimum to show she stands behind her breeding. He very well could have been all yorkie but his mother could have been a yorkie/maltese cross
"Gold Dust" is new to me. A Parti would not be all white. Only breeders that have had their stock tested for genetic issues are going to offer an honest and comprehensive health guarantee. People like this woman are not in the habit of testing their stock for anything.

Your friend is not uncommon in her rush but often they end up here asking the familiar question "Is my puppy really a purebred Yorkie?" or they have a myriad of health or behavioral issues they are dealing with. The extra time and money of buying from a real professional could save a lot of money that will be spent on vet bills as well as the heartbreak that comes with buying from a disreputable breeder.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!