View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Thumbs down Some People Need To Be Ashamed!

A friend of mine called me this morning saying she saw an ad for yorkie puppies and asked me to stop by with her(safety in nunbers!). So she could check the breeder out. Since I'm a SAHM and wasn't busy today I didn't mind. Went to the woman's home. She was friendly and my friend looked at the pups(couldnt touch because they'd only had one shot). One pup caught my eye so I grilled the woman.

She let's them leave at 12 weeks (whew!)
Are AKC registered (a plus but registration is only as good as the breeeder imo)
Had both parents(saw them)
Has a guarantee(I'll get to that)

She was selling the below "gold dust" male for $800 (a bargain!). With ONLY A 24 HOUR HEALTH GUARANTEE!. When I asked why she stated because she's never had problems with her lines regarding LP and liver shunt. Plus since most of her customers are military they have fast and easy access to healthcare. So I guess the woman thought she "had me" since he's a cutie. I asked to see the parents. The mama was beautiful but the dad looked ill bred (I'm picky, I want BOTH parents to be beautiful). The woman also mentioned that she had a girl that a soldier who was deploying surrendered to her and she bred her and admitted the female was completely out of standard. None of her dogs had the yorkie spirit I've come to love! All of them were placid and tired looking! So needless to say while my friend was oohing and ahhing I sent her "the look" that says "let's get the hell outta here!". So she left without a deposit placed. I hope the puppy cuteness won't cloud her brain and cause her to get a cute but genetically screwed pet. I will try to resize the pic of the male puppy. I wanted to get him just to "save" him and place him with my mother but I'd hate to break my mother's heart if he had a congenital defect.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!