View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #7
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

My little Yorkie I just got had to learn "my language" which meant a whole lot of his turning his head to make sure he heard me. I repeat what I said and he turns his head again. He has been with me 6 weeks and he has learned my language. He knows "go to grandma's house" and is ready to go and visit with her dogs. He picked up go to bed and goes to the baby gate and waits for me to open it so that he can go downstairs and get into bed for the night. That took about 2 nights and after that I would ask my husband "are you about ready for bed?" Teek would look at me and run to the baby gate. I kind of miss those head turns though as they are so cute! He already knew what go outside was and would quickly trot to the door and sit down.

He is exceptionally smart. I hope the new puppy is as well. My friend owns the parents and so I know that they are both smart. The dad (Yorkie) is a huge snuggler. When I go see my friend her dog just melts against me and snuggles with me. He is really quiet but friendly. He will just sit there and snuggle with you for an hour if you let him. I think we will get a very trainable puppy and it will be half Yorkie!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!