Thread: Licensing
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 07:44 AM   #13
yorkiemom76
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeD View Post
I read this thread and then started looking online and I can't even find anything about licensing a dog in my county. My vet has never said a word to me about getting a license for my dog. So, no, my dogs have never been licensed because I was not aware of it, or if I even am supposed to license them. I even sent a facebook message to a lady I know that is huge into dog rescue in this area to ask her about it and she won't even respond to my facebook message about it.

I would gladly pay $5 or whatever to license my dogs here, but I don't even know where to go to do it. Never had a vet ask me about it or mention it to me. I would say not enforced here because I have had at least 1 dog almost the entire 12 years I have lived here and never been asked about a license for them.
Vets don't care if your dog is licensed or not. We do sell them in the vet clinic I work at every year through the end of January but our vets couldn't care less if the dogs are licensed or not. I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere, but here we have to contact our Auditor's office for the initial license and then you can renew it every year by mailing it in to the auditor's office or wherever some of the local stores or vets are selling them. If you have a dog pound in your county, you could call and ask them where to get it. I will tell you though if you're getting it now, you may end up paying more. We have until January 31 every year to renew them and after that date, we have to pay more.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!