View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Brianna
Yorkie Yakker

I'm trying to teach Louie all the important stuff, and so far it's been going pretty well. He's five months old, and he knows sit, down, stay, and come. Whether that's good or bad for his age, I don't know, haha. We're working on perfecting those before working on too much more.

Next will be drop it and leave it. I'd like to teach him to back up, retrieve specific objects, and to go to his crate on command as well. I also want to try heel/better leash walking ... He doesn't pull when on a walk, always walking beside me or behind me. However, he often swaps from my left side to my right side, and he gets distracted too easily. I know he's a pup, but it's important for his safety that he learns not to do that.

I'm not really going to bother with the cute stuff like dance and shake until much later, if at all. As adorable as it is, I want to focus on obedience training. With your new pup, I'd definitely get the basics down and make sure s/he's attentive to you during training sessions before teaching him/her all the cute stuff. This is my first dog, though, so I could be wrong. Iunno'. XD
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!