View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

Default What tricks have you taught your Yorkie?

I am just curious about what tricks your Yorkie knows?

I got my dog 6 weeks ago and as soon as I had a treat out for him he would sit, so he obviously knew sit.

Whenever I would come home he would stand on his front legs and paw at me with both feet and it was so adorable. I am trying to teach him that trick on command.

I did get him to stand up on command and sometimes he does what I would call beg, to be sitting but then put his paws up, but he does both/either of these with the UP command and I am trying to separate them into up and beg so that they are different.

I am getting a Yorkie Mix puppy in a few months (due to be born in about a week) and I am wondering what kind of tricks I can teach her/him as they are growing?

I had a Fox Terrier mix growing up that lived to be 19 years old and he was amazing! He knew: Sit, down, crawl, roll over, play dead, beg, stand, stay, dance. Probably more, but I can't think of them right now. He was super easy to teach tricks to and loved to learn. You could take a banana and point it at him and say "Bang" and he would fall over and roll onto his back and put his feet in the air and play dead. He was so cool. I also had a corgi/border collie mix as a young adult and she knew a bunch of tricks. She was the kind of dog that I could put in a sit, tell her to stay, turn my back to her and walk 60 feet away. Turn to face her and then put my fingers down at my side which was my "come" command and she would put it into high gear to get to me. She was fun.

Maybe it is silly but I think teaching a dog more than just basic sit, down stay is a great bonding experience.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!