View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
TNYorkieMama
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help- need shorter haircut ideas keeping topknot

Hi all! Ok, I need some grooming advice and ideas. My boy is nearly 2, and although I truly love the traditional look of his long, silky hair, I have been debating whether I should finally take the plunge and cut most of his hair short (but still keep his top knot). I have given him several trims, and keep his underside (chest and tummy) shaven for hygienic reasons; however, because his hair hangs so long on the sides now, he gets stinky too quickly after a bath (pee from lifting his leg to potty ) unless I keep it tied up on the sides all the time. I don't want him to look drastically different, and I want to keep plenty of hair around his face and beard. I have googled for ideas but I can't really find anything that jumps out at me. I would love it if you all would share some photos and ideas. I have attached a photo for you to see what my boy currently looks like. He is a small skinny boy but has longish legs so i am afraid if I shave his back he'll look silly, but then again, maybe he won't.. I don't really know.... Never thought this would be such a dilemma for me. thanks to anyone who responds!
Attached Thumbnails
Help- need shorter haircut ideas keeping topknot-image.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!