View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 08:42 AM   #15
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

When they put the dog under to do a procedure they put a tube down the throat for breathing. I hate to mention it but it could be they damaged her trachea when putting the tube in or pulling it out. Using a tube that is too large for her could also do harm. If she did not have problems before this then obviously the procedure had something to do with it.

I would get her to another vet and have them do x-rays of that poor darling's trachea. You need to know just what the condition of their trachea is and how much damage was done. This sounds worse than just an "irritation."

Some Yorkies do have weak tracheas and owners have to be very careful when handling these dog's throats by never using a collar when walking the dog and by making sure groomers do not use a grooming noose on them. Even handling the neck area during bathing can cause damage to a weak or partially collapsed trachea.

I have read that some people who have dogs with these problems have used supplements to help strengthen the trachea tissue. Supplements for joints should have what is needed in them. Using a humidifier would help the inside of the throat to remain moist so there is less irritation and help prevent coughing spells. Getting her to another vet for a good evaluation is your first priority in my opinion.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!