View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
MandiiBubbz
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I free feed all my babies and suggest to all my new parents to continue to free feed puppies until 6-8 months of age. Puppies need all the fuel they can ingest, as they are using calories to grow cells and develop strong healthy bodies. When they get to be 6-8 months old, you can then start shifting your focus from eating and developing, to potty training. This is done differently by everyone....I dont like restricting meals to 3 times a day, and a regimented amount of time to eat at those three specified meal times for a baby....when they get a little age on them, fine, but not a puppy, whose appetite is not stabilized or regimented....what if you feed 3 times a day, and he is not ready to eat his breakfast....you give him so many minutes to eat, but he is happy to be alive and awake and is not ready to eat...so food comes up and does not go back down until 4-6 hours later???? he may eat a little then but being a puppy, dart off to play.....food comes up and not offered again for another 4-6 hours?? I just do not feel that is what is best for the baby....may make it easier for ME to guestimate potty times, but is the baby getting enough to eat? Like I said, when older, more aqcceptable, but a baby???
She's getting a little round in the belly... but shes only 2.2 pounds and 11 weeks old is that an average weight for that age?
MandiiBubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!