View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:32 AM   #14
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFromSea View Post
Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor is a great easy to read source while selecting potential foods to feed your pups. There is a lot of good info to read there. It's a wonderful tool for your tool box. I hear complaints about him being a dentist but I have yet to hear that ANY of his info is faulty. I haven't seen anyone post an easier to read source than Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor .
Yes, the guy is a dentist and his website is all about the guy making money.....which is what so many people complain (incorrectly) about vet's who sell RX foods. If you want to have nutrition information about dog food there are much better resources for your "tool box" from members of the Veterinary profession and based on Science and not opinions. When you are a human dentist your website is based on opinions when it comes to anyone's pet food.

Here are a few links that might be much more helpful. Skeptvet even has a Facebook page that you can follow and is always posting Science based information and research articles.

Nutrition | The SkeptVet

Dr. Remmilard is a Veterinary Nutritionist that have many articles regarding all types of dog foods that are also Science based. You can also ask her questions regarding nutrition and she is very willing to answer as a Veterinary professional.

https://www.petdiets.com

The whole idea of people giving their opinions about dog food is IMO is pretty much like the people that refuse to give their children vaccines siting Google information that is not Science based......just a bunch of people giving opinions and not listening to the Science based conclusions.

I feed all three of mine Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein purchased from (gasp) my vet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!