View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
camly
Mommy to Kikko-man
Donating Member

Default Question about Periodontal Disease and possible implications

Hello all, it has been quite some time since I have been on YT. Please forgive me for being MIA for so long.

I have a quick question about Periodontal Disease. Is it possible to have acute plaque buildup for other reason? ie autoimmunie, hormonal, etc..?

Here's the background:
I had to leave Kikko for a year-ish, because I moved to London while my hubby was studying his masters. My parents helped me take care of him, however, they did not keep up with his dental care. I came back in Mar/Apr 2014 and boy were his teeth terrible! Covered in plaque and tartar - which was weird because he had a full dental before I left (just 6months before I came back to visit). I wasn't sure if it was the food or something else ... so I took him for another full dental. but had to leave again. I came back in Sept '14 and been doing at home dental care (not as vigorously as I should) but now he has loose teeth and major plaque build up again.

I will take him first thing to the vet tomorrow morning. morning can't come fast enough, but I am wondering if anyone has any other ideas as to why this is a more persistant problem.

Kikko is 8yo, and I would do annual full dentals and the plaque build has never been this crazy.

Thank you everyone in advance!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!