View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #12
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Hi everyone, Hi Cindy,

Thank you all for your concern. It means a lot.

Milo is the same. There does not seem to be any change. He never really had much of any symptoms other than strange gurgling or throat noises, which continue despite the cough medicine and the Clavamox. Other than that he is cheerful and playful, he is eating and drinking well. He does want to be held more than usual, but that is all. Saturday night I was in a hit and run accident
(I was in the car when it occurred, and I was turning- so still recovering from the shock. Milo was not in the car, thank god.). We sure could use your prayers.

As an aside, after thinking about it a great deal, I think I know where his possible liver infection or hepatitis came from (if indeed he does have this) I remember when I first brought him home at almost 4 most, soon after the breeder called and told me one of the other pups had tested positive for giardia and to take him to my Vet. Milo was positive for guardia and it took a very long time to get rid of it. He was on a very very powerful medicine at the time, and I was told that medications could be a cause of an enlarged liver. I took him to have teeth extracted at 8 months and at that time the Vet told me he had higher liver values and to retest after a year. I did retest and the values were still high. Now we retested again, and the values were high again. So come to think of it, this is not a new problem, this has been going on since 8 months or even longer. Maybe he even had it when I go him, who knows? Anyway, we have to wait and see when I finish his meds and then take him back to see if the liver has gone back to a normal size and his bronchitis is improved. If no improvement they want to do a liver biopsy. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks so much for the tip about milk thistle Yorkiemom1. Great Tip. Will talk with my holistic Vet about this. I'll bet she already knows this, great to know.
Thanks so much again.
Shellie:love
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!