View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #11
salazark
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I have kind of a crazy suggestion for your bed. My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's in September. Part of it (at least for him) is REM sleep disorder. He acts out his dreams. This involves lots of movement, kicking, and one time diving out of the bed. I've never been afraid for myself but we both are seriously concerned about our two Yorkies. They have slept with us their entire life. I bought a "co sleeper". It is basically a cradle at bed height that attaches to the side of the bed. It's used for newborn babies. We put soft pillows in it and agreed to make our bed somewhat uncomfortable for our two. We don't do anything mean, we just move around a bit when they cuddle against us. We've never tried to force them to stay in there. Over time they have started sleeping in it on their own. If you decide to do this, I would suggest getting one now and slowly working towards getting him to use it. For us it's been great. They cuddle with us and then go to their own spot to sleep - but they are really still with us. Just a thought for at least one of your issues.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!