View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 03:27 PM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I am not a vet so I wouldnt want to "prescribe", but check with your vet about Milk Thistle for babys liver. I have all mine on Milk Thistle, as preventative.....with heartworm meds, flea and tick control sprayed around my neighborhood, and even in my own front yard and along the fence line, antibiotics, etc....all these things assault the liver. I am not a vet so I wouldnt want to "prescribe", but check with your vet about Milk Thistle for babys liver. I have all mine on Milk Thistle, as preventative.....with heartworm meds, flea and tick control sprayed around my neighborhood, and even in my own front yard and along the fence line, antibiotics, etc....all these things assault the liver......
From my files:
"Milk Thistle is a well-known 'liver herb' for both people and pets. It can be used to support general liver health and detoxification, and has an overall excellent safety* profile. Pet Wellbeing offers a full-spectrum Milk Thistle, extracted from the whole seeds.

Milk Thistle can provide natural support for pets experiencing: :
Long or short term prescription drug administration
Fatty liver
Liver diseases
Cholestasis (bile obstruction from liver to small intestine)
Cancer (including liver cancer)
Diabetes (with careful monitoring of blood sugar levels)
Milk Thistle is commonly given to pets while concurrently administering prescription drugs. Examples include: treatment for Heartworm, pain medications, steroids, and a vast number of other medications that can affect the liver. The liver is the organ with a primary role in metabolizing drugs and helping the body excrete toxic substances. If your pet is being given medications, some liver support is highly recommended.

So how does it work?
Milk Thistle helps protect and strengthen liver cells, stimulate their repair and regeneration, and even promotes production of new liver cells. Milk Thistle is an excellent herb for supporting general detoxification as well as recovery after infections."
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!