Thread: Pee Pads Only
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #10
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Exactly what kind of fake grass do you use....like flat AstroTurf type stuff, or more like the plastic-strand faux grass/turf people now use in some lawns?

Ours are pee pad trained and we use the fabulous laminated pads from ezwhelp.com - LOVE those pads. That said, I'd never ever pad train again -- if I had it to do over again, I'd outside-only train FOR SURE. Pad trained dogs tend to have accidents off the pad, you can't do throw rugs at all (bc they usually think they're pads), and I do think it's embarrassing to have pads around w/ guests. Also, if you bring them to other people's houses, they have no clue where to go potty so they might go just anywhere.
Really? What about the convenience?

I don't know that I'd ever have the lifestyle to outdoor train only. That would mean always, every single day of their life, being there to let them out, or getting someone else to. There are too many times where life happens, and what I intend to do and what I am able to do differ. I have to work late unexpectedly, or my car breaks down/flat tire, or like last week, I intended to run home at lunch and an east/west train broke down on the tracks, and there was no way to get south of town, without driving miles out of the way, which I didn 't have time for due to my short lunch break.

Knowing that if I'm running late, or something happens out of my control, that ZoE can go potty, drink, eat, is such a relief to me. I don't think I could ever give that up.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!